Skip to main content

2013 Reflections

This morning, as always, I logged onto my Twitter and Facebook accounts. Looking over all of the posts, I found that I looked forward to seeing what everyone was up to on a daily basis. This isn't because I do not have a life of my own to keep up with, quite the contrary, but I do much of my socializing on various networks such as these. This morning, however, I really let it sink in. Some of these people on Twitter have become associates and even friends yet we have never spoken more than through various emails. The folks on Facebook are my family, friends and even a few fans. Each and every one of these people have touched my life is some way. They have helped me get through sorrows and celebrations, the birth of a new book and several grandchildren, helped me in the kitchen (even if it was just with a better recipe than my own), gave me a boost when I needed it and taught me new things EVERY DAY!
I just wanted to say that I truly appreciate everyone in my life, even the "electronic" ones. lol. Thanks for helping me be a better person, writer, mom and friend. I could not have accomplished everything that I had in 2013 without you.
~Lottie~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adding Flesh to Bones: Character Creation in Fiction

Here you have your great story idea. You have it in your head how it is supposed to go and where its happening. You are set for that million-seller, award winning novel. Now you just have to get it down on paper, or word processor. Boom! You get to writing and the first character comes up. Your face gets that blank look to it and your enthusiasm fades. Who is this person? Where is he from? Do you have any background on him? How did he get to here? EEEEEEK! I will tell you this, sometimes, most of the time, you are not writing about a story. You are writing about a character, or several. Sometimes the character is so obvious that creation is easy. Joe Shmo is a mechanic who wins the lottery, or Jane Whatsherface moves to the beach into an old lighthouse. But is it this easy every time? Not on your life!  If you go into your story without some sort of idea about your characters, it is like going cross-country driving without ever opening a map. The journey is slow and arduous. There w

My 10 Quick Tips on Writing

Hello, my fellow aspiring writers, poets and playwrights! First I want to thank all of you for the incredible support that you have given me in my writing and blogging. I have been writing most of my life but only recently decided to go pro. Many of you have decided the same thing. It's a rough road but we can take it. We are tough. It is always helpful (at least it is to me) when others with more experience or just some good ideas share what they know with the rest of us, so here I go with my little bit. Here are 10 quick tips on writing that I have found to be really helpful to learn. 1. Write like a demon! Ignore the format of the page, all of the little writing rules and every bit of writing tips you have been forced to swallow and just write! Let the words flow out like a busted fire hydrant. That first draft is the most important, even with its type-o's, grammar snaffoos and plot holes. It is the heart of any writing process and you can't let over thi

Free Peek at Balance on the Terra

I hope you enjoy this excerpt from my book, Balance on the Terra. Let me know what you think. At the beginning of Time, there were many Gods of different sorts and degrees of importance. They each had phenomenal powers, and all had fascinations of one kind or another. One had a love for the water and placed water sources that moved and flowed on the Terra, while another had a 'green thumb,' as it were, and filled as many areas with plants and trees as she could, creating her own garden to tend. This was the same for all of the gods. While others would obsess over their interests, there were some that took their time and leisure to let their diversions flourish on their own while the god would watch it, like a child would watch a spinning top. It was this way when the Creator of Time was given free reign over the Terra. Anything that his imagination could see walking, crawling, swimming, or flying was created with joy. However, he realized that while each one of the creations